How To Deal With City Hall On Zoning Changes

Toronto City Hall


For many people, their first experience with local politics is when someone on their street wants to make a change to their house, or even knock it down and rebuild and so they need a zoning change which is called a minor variance. They may want to build two semi-detached homes or a triplex where the law only allows single family homes. It is important to understand what is involved, whether you are making the application or trying to stop one. Click here to view the full article.


Dealing with the City of Toronto for minor zoning changes, whether it’s a change that you want, or whether it’s someone else’s proposed change that you don’t want, can be stressful and time consuming. Understanding how the system, and getting expert help when you need it, can take the mystery (and a lot of the stress) out of the process.